Sunday, July 18, 2010

A weekly update...

If you didn't know my mom has been staying with me while B and J went to North Carolina for the World Karate Tournament. I was really bummed that I didn't get to go, but hauling a week old baby all the way across the country wasn't really something I could do. And after some days this week I am glad I didn't. Though I really wanted to be
there for J at his first world tournament!

J competed in Demo Team, Forms, Sparring, and weapons. The Demo Team (think cheerleading competition just karate instead of cheers!) did really well taking home 4th place! They have all worked really hard these last couple of months to prepare and we are all really proud of them. J also took 3rd in Sparring - which is awesome! Especially at a World competition. I am so very proud of him. They are currently home arriving late Sunday evening.

My mom headed home on Monday. I am so thankful that she was able to come and stay with me and Kolby. It was great to spend some time with her, and have her expertise. Our little man is doing well and Meme was a huge help. Thanks Meme for being here, and being a support to me. LOVE YOU!


Kolby and Pops. Pops came into town, and helped us get in trouble! (Not that we couldn't do it on our own very well). Pops hung Kolby's fan in his bedroom and then also put one up in our bathroom. Daddy was excited for both!


Kolby - this baby stuff is hard!


This is Pawpaw Dietrich! He got to come visit us.



Mawmaw and Kolby. All snuggled up. She was worried about his feet being to cold!



Kolby's fingers and mine! We were trying to show everyone how long his fingers are. Hopefully you can see!


Some of Kolby's favorite ladies. Miss S, Meme and Miss R.


Miss R holding our little man.


Miss S and Miss R

Ms. B and her beautiful little girls - Miss S and Miss R.


Pawpaw Petty getting to hold me!
On Tuesday we went to the doctor for the two week check up. Everything is fine :) He has currently regained ALL of his birth weight (he weighed 7lbs 9oz at birth and 7lbs 4oz when we left the hospital) and then on top of all of that, he gained a pound! So now he is at 8lbs 9oz. Then on top of all of that, he has also gained an inch! So now he is 21 3/4" long! Just growing. He is sleeping pretty good through the night. We are getting about 3.5 hours of sleep at a time during the night. He is eating well (as you can see from his stats above!) and overall a great baby.
Thanks everyone for your love and support. I will get some more updates as soon as possible. Love you all!
T

No comments:

Post a Comment